Saturday, July 2, 2011

Miles walks in the Centerville Parade


Some of the cubs scouts were asked to carry a banner for the "Hometown Heroes" in the Centerville 4th of July parade. Miles and I walked the 2 mile route holding banners with all of the local (past and present) service men...while they followed behind in Hummers or corvettes or walking. It was an honor. When we were gathering to say a prayer before the parade...I got a little choked up as they all went around the circle introducing each other and specifying where and when they served our country. Some had just gotten back from Iraq 3 weeks ago and others had served as early as 1941! Truly a memorable experience! And the cubs never complained once about the hot day and the long walk!




1 comment:

  1. You and Miles, Brayden, Sis. Evans, Austin and Jordan were LIFESAVERS in our parade, Leah! We are SO grateful for the willingness of your great Cub Scouts to walk that long, hot road and carry the banner all the way that introduced our "Hometown Heroes!" I feel badly that I didn't give your young men a chance to introduce themselves also that morning before the parade began! They are heroes in my eyes, as well! THANK YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete